The Titusville Academy supports parent/guardian involvement in every student’s educational experience.
To that end we provide regular home-school communications, keeping family members and guardians appraised of progress, and providing specific advice when necessary on how best to support each student’s growth.
- Daily home communications for grades K-8, detailing behavioral and academic information for each student
- Weekly home communications for grades 9-12, detailing behavioral and academic information for each student
- Counselor reports every 2 weeks for all students, detailing therapeutic and counseling activities
We also provide as many opportunities for parent participation in events on campus as possible:
- Family Fun Nights (3-4 per school year)
- Parent Conferences
- Grandparents workshops
- Special workshop events on topics relevant to families
Research shows us that when parents and guardians are involved…
- Students achieve more, regardless of socioeconomic status, ethnic/racial background, or the parents’ education level
- Students exhibit more positive attitudes and behavior
- Students have better self-esteem
- Student show higher aspirations and motivation toward school
- Student growth is longer-lasting
- Students from diverse cultural backgrounds are better able to bridge the gap between the culture at home and the learning institution
- Teacher morale improves
- Parents use more affection and positive reinforcement and less punishment
- Parents are more confident in their parenting and decision-making skills
…and much more.